On November 12 Housing Families held its Annual Housing Families 5K at Rivers Edge Park in Medford.
The Annual Housing Families 5K is an opportunity to bring awareness to our vision of achieving housing equity and well-being for all, to raise awareness for National Homelessness Awareness Week, and to bring together the local community for a fun-filled day.
This year the community raised just under $68,000 for Housing Families programs.
Everyone enjoyed the after-party held at The Porch Restaurant thanks to the generous sponsorship by River’s Edge. Guests received prizes provided by Milwaukee Mx Fuel, Marathon Sports, and Talent Retriever.
Congratulations to the 5K winner, Matthew Baron of Cambridge, MA, who finished the 5K in 15:24! Matthew will receive a week-long stay at Loon Mountain, courtesy of Baystate Benefits.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
This year’s Annual Housing Families 5K, powered by BOND & presented by United Rentals, was made possible by the generous support from our sponsors.
- Presenting Sponsor: United Rentals
- Power Sponsors: Sunrise Erectors & River’s Edge.
- Vitality Sponsors: AGCMA, Grodsky, Leading Edge Real Estate, Manafort-Precision, & Winchester Savings Bank
- Strength Sponsors: AAFCPAs, American Plumbing and Heating, Auxzillium, Beacon Piping, Charlesgate Realty Group, CHA, Cornerstone Energy, Gaston Electrical, Guigli, Hayes Instrument Services, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers 2222, Milwaukee Mx Fuel, Northstar Contracting Group, TRC, & the Housing Families Youth Service and Engagement Program.
- In-Kind Sponsors: Baystate Benefit Services, Marathon Sports, and Stoneham Bank.
- Additional Support from Milton Cat, Vari-Tech LLC and Joe the Architect.
From our friends at Leading Edge Real Estate: “We at Leading Edge work with families to often find their first home and those first-time home buyers give us so much joy as they realize their dream of home ownership and how important a home is. We wish everyone felt safe, secure and warm in their own home and realize how many don’t have that. We support Housing Families and their mission to do so.”
Critical funds raised from the 5K will support our programs in emergency shelter, permanent supportive housing, clinical mental health support, education, food access, pro bono legal assistance, and direct financial support.
Thank you to all our amazing sponsors, participants, and volunteers for making the 5K a huge success! You can check out coverage of the event in The Advocate.
*Photos by Allan Dines