Raeann Whalen, COO
Housing Families Inc., founded in 1986 by community members concerned about the growing crisis of homelessness, helps families make the transition out of homelessness to successfully retain permanent housing. Today, Housing Families is one of the largest and most capable providers of shelter and affordable rental housing in Massachusetts.
We provide safe, temporary shelter and quality affordable housing to those experiencing homelessness and at-risk families and individuals. We offer individualized supportive services to enrich children’s lives, nurture the potential of each individual and family, and help families maintain permanent housing.
We are becoming a thought leader in the field of housing equity, to advocate with our clients at the state and federal law-making level, and to ensure that our culture and practices are rooted in antiracism and equity.
Our vision is a world in which everybody has a place to call home. We are looking for those who believe in this vision and for skilled, compassionate individuals who share in our agency values of Respect, Caring, Integrity, Growth, and Teamwork:
- Respect – We treat people with dignity.
- Caring – We show compassion and act thoughtfully.
- Integrity – We adhere to high standards.
- Growth – We foster innovation and continuous development.
- Teamwork – We collaborate and celebrate.
- Role Purpose & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Financial Consultant and the CEO
The purpose of this position is to process accounts payable and other accounting and finance-related operational tasks.
- Process accounts payable using Bill.com, including coding and inputting invoices, issuing manual checks, and ensuring compliance with policies
- Assisting with preparing monthly & quarterly billing, including support documents and entry into financial software (Sage Intacct)
- Processing bi-weekly payroll using ADP
- Scanning deposits and entering into Sage Intacct
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Coordinate monthly credit card process and reconciliation
- Assist with obtaining W-9s and processing and filling the year end 1099s
- Provide other assistance as needed by the Finance Department
- A high school diploma and three years accounting/finance experience or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with accounting/financial processing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Sage Intacct, Bill.com, and ADP strongly preferred
- Positive professional demeanor and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to form strong interpersonal relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) background check
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Must be able to lift to 30 pounds at a time walking up and down flights of stairs
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time at a desk while working on a computer
- Compensation/Hours: $50,000-$60,000 / 40 hours Mon-Fri
- Benefits: Eligible for full benefits including Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 403B Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement
- Please send a cover letter and resume to: HR@housingfamilies.org
- Please include “STAFF ACCOUNTANT” in the subject line