Chelsea with travel
At Housing Families, we are working to achieve housing equity and wellbeing for all. We partner with communities, families, and individuals to ensure housing stability by offering tailored services including temporary and permanent housing, food assistance, counseling and therapy, legal services, and youth programs.
With Housing Families’ continued growth, we now offer services in Malden, Everett, Revere, Chelsea, and Medford, where, since our inception in 1986, we’ve strengthened housing security for over 2,400 families and individuals.
We are looking for those who share in this vision and for skilled, compassionate individuals who share in our agency values of Respect, Caring, Integrity, Growth, and Team Work:
- Respect – We treat people with dignity.
- Caring – We show compassion and act thoughtfully.
- Integrity – We adhere to high standards.
- Growth – We foster innovation and continuous development.
- Team Work – We collaborate and celebrate.
Role Purpose & Responsibilities
The Homelessness Prevention Case Manager will report directly to the Director of Homelessness Prevention and Legal Services and will be responsible for helping families experiencing homelessness develop housing strategies for obtaining permanent housing and connecting families to necessary supports to increase stability and assist in homelessness prevention activities. This is done through building a relationship with adult family members, thoroughly assessing their strengths and barriers to obtaining housing, collaborating with each family to minimize barriers to housing, searching for housing, and advocating for families.
- Develop relationships with families who are homeless and facing issues such as mental illness, substance abuse, physical disability, history of trauma and/or domestic violence, and poverty.
- Tasks will include meeting weekly with each family, completing thorough assessments, providing support and referrals as well as ensuring regular contact with other services providers.
- Thoroughly assess families’ strengths and barriers to obtaining permanent housing and develop a housing strategy that incorporates means of mitigating any barriers to permanent housing.
- Partner with families to create, review, and enforce a Re-housing Plan that reflects the goals of the family and funder, and that addresses each family member’s needs.
- Assist families in completing housing applications and ensuring that all preferences and priorities are obtained.
- Attend housing screenings and appeals with families, providing transportation when necessary.
- Conduct weekly unit inspections to ensure the property is being maintained.
- Partake in rotating on-call requirements.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and documentation needed to be in compliance with program requirements and state regulations.
- Support agency by volunteering for agency events.
- All other assigned duties as they arise.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience working with and understanding low-income populations.
- Detail oriented ability to be flexible and remain positive.
- Knowledge of relevant human services programs.
- Open to feedback with a desire and ability to learn and grow. Strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to empathically de-escalate emotional reactions.
- Critical thinking, analytical, problem solving and negotiating skills. Ability to remain calm and responsive during crises.
- Ability to practice clear role boundaries and refer questions and concerns outside job scope to appropriate staff.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel in the Greater Boston area and commute families to critical housing appointments when necessary
- Bachelors’ degree in legal services, psychology, social work, public health, or related field preferred
- Equivalent combination of formal education and related experience may be substituted for degree
- Prior experience working with low-income individuals and/or families required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and engagement skills.
- Attention to detail and time management
- Teamwork and service minded
Applications / Compensation
- Compensation/Hours: Full-Time/Salaried Role
- Benefits: Medical, Dental and Retirement Plan
- Please send a cover letter and resume to: HR@housingfamilies.org
- Please include “Homelessness Prevention Case Manager” in the subject line.