At Housing Families, we are working to achieve housing equity and wellbeing for all. We partner with communities, families, and individuals to ensure housing stability by offering tailored services including temporary and permanent housing, food assistance, counseling and therapy, legal services, and youth programs.
With Housing Families’ continued growth, we now offer services in Malden, Everett, Revere, Chelsea, and Medford, where, since our inception in 1986, we’ve strengthened housing security for over 2,400 families and individuals.
We are looking for those who share in this vision and for skilled, compassionate individuals who share in our agency values of Respect, Caring, Integrity, Growth, and Team Work:
- Respect – We treat people with dignity.
- Caring – We show compassion and act thoughtfully.
- Integrity – We adhere to high standards.
- Growth – We foster innovation and continuous development.
- Team Work – We collaborate and celebrate.
Role Purpose & Responsibilities
The Revere Warming Center will operate from January 15th through April 1st and will provide temporary, overnight shelter for homeless individuals in the Revere area. The Direct Care staff will provide direct oversight to the warming center and ensure it operates safely and in a manner consistent with Housing Families values.
- Set up space daily and ensure all materials are in safe, operating condition.
- Greet incoming guests in a friendly, professional manner.
- Communicate warming center rules to guests and enforce rules as necessary.
- Respond to questions and concerns from guests in a professional manner and refer complaints to the appropriate staff.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Follow established procedures related to scheduling and staffing issues.
- Meet weekly with Supervisor and address any job-related issues and receive feedback and support.
- Follow established procedures related to guests and warming center operations.
- Maintain all public areas (offices, stairs, hallways, etc.) in a clean orderly manner (including outside) and participate in daily sanitizing of the space.
- Address emergency situations as necessary and provide skillful de-escalation.
- Follow all agency and mandated guidelines related to security, safety, and confidentiality.
- Review all log entries and new memos posted daily.
- Log all relevant information in the appropriate format in daily log.
- Submit accurate timesheets on a timely basis.
- Greet, assist, and orient volunteers.
- Perform other related duties as needed or as directed.
- Demonstrated timely and consistent work history
- Ability to walk up and down stairs quickly in an emergency
- Ability to maintain boundaries and confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to follow shelter guidelines on safety, handling emergencies, etc.
- Well developed assessment skills and crisis management responses.
- Must be willing to work in Revere.
- Must be able to work available shifts. The Warming Center operates from 5pm-8am 7 days per week from January 15th through April 1st.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
Someone who has a “can do” attitude with a flexible schedule who can cover shifts as needed. Someone who possesses a positive attitude that is non-judgmental yet clear about boundaries.
- Compensation: $20.00/hour.
- Please send a cover letter and resume to: HR@housingfamilies.org
- Please include “Direct Care- Warming Center” in the subject line.