Malden with local travel
At Housing Families, we are working to achieve housing equity and wellbeing for all. We partner with communities, families, and individuals to ensure housing stability by offering tailored services including temporary and permanent housing, food assistance, counseling and therapy, legal services, and youth programs.
With Housing Families’ continued growth, we now offer services in Malden, Everett, Revere, Chelsea, and Medford, where, since our inception in 1986, we’ve strengthened housing security for over 2,400 families and individuals.
We are looking for those who share in this vision and for skilled, compassionate individuals who share in our agency values of Respect, Caring, Integrity, Growth, and Team Work:
- Respect – We treat people with dignity.
- Caring – We show compassion and act thoughtfully.
- Integrity – We adhere to high standards.
- Growth – We foster innovation and continuous development.
- Team Work – We collaborate and celebrate.
Role Purpose & Responsibilities
The Direct Care staff will report to the Associate Director, Individual Shelter & Mobile Supports and will ensure the shelter is welcoming and safe for volunteers and residents in a manner that is consistent with Housing Families values.
- Greet residents in a friendly, professional manner.
- Accept and organize donations and fax in-kind donation forms to the administrative office.
- Communicate shelter rules to clients and enforce rules as necessary.
- Respond to questions and concerns from residents in a professional manner and refer complaints to the appropriate staff.
- Report any breach of policy or procedure immediately to your supervisor or the Shelter Director.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Follow established procedures related to scheduling and staffing issues.
- Meet weekly with Supervisor and address any job-related issues and receive feedback and support.
- Follow established procedures related to visitors.
- Maintain all public areas (offices, stairs, hallways, etc.) in a clean orderly manner (including outside)
- Address emergency situations (electrical outages, storms, violence) as necessary.
- Follow all agency and mandated guidelines related to security, safety, and confidentiality.
- Review all log entries and new memos posted daily.
- Log all relevant information in the appropriate format in daily log.
- Submit accurate timesheets on a timely basis.
- Greet, assist, and orient volunteers.
- Perform other related duties as needed or as directed.
- Demonstrated timely and consistent work history
- Ability to walk up and down stairs quickly in an emergency
- Ability to maintain boundaries and confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Must be willing to work in Malden and surrounding locations
- Must be able to work available shifts. Current shifts include 8am-4pm, 12pm-8pm, 4pm-12am and 12am-8am Monday through Sunday. Full-time, Part-time and Relief positions available.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have High school diploma or GED.
Someone who has a “can do” attitude with a flexible schedule who can cover shifts as needed. Someone who possesses a positive attitude that is non-judgmental yet clear about boundaries.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Rate of pay is $17.00/hour