Malden with travel
At Housing Families, we are working to achieve housing equity and wellbeing for all. We partner with communities, families, and individuals to ensure housing stability by offering tailored services including temporary and permanent housing, food assistance, counseling and therapy, legal services, and youth programs.
With Housing Families’ continued growth, we now offer services in Malden, Everett, Revere, Chelsea, and Medford, where, since our inception in 1986, we’ve strengthened housing security for over 2,400 families and individuals.
We are looking for those who share in this vision and for skilled, compassionate individuals who share in our agency values of Respect, Caring, Integrity, Growth, and Team Work:
- Respect – We treat people with dignity.
- Caring – We show compassion and act thoughtfully.
- Integrity – We adhere to high standards.
- Growth – We foster innovation and continuous development.
- Team Work – We collaborate and celebrate.
Role Purpose & Responsibilities
The Case Manager will work directly with families experiencing homelessness to provide on-going support and access to community resources.
- Ensure all families are served and treated with dignity and respect.
- Ensure all services are provided in compliance with various funding sources.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained for all clients.
- Develop relationships with families who are homeless or recently housed and facing issues such as mental illness, substance abuse, physical disability, history of trauma and/or domestic violence, and poverty.
- Tasks will include meeting weekly with each family, completing thorough assessments, providing support and referrals as well as ensuring regular contact with other services providers.
- Conduct weekly unit inspections to ensure the property is being maintained.
- Partake in rotating on-call requirements.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and documentation needed to be in compliance with program requirements and state regulations.
- Manage crises as they arise, and other duties as assigned.
- Participate in All Staff meetings and other identified trainings and meetings.
- Experience working directly with clients in the human services field.
- The ability to hear and incorporate feedback quickly, empathically de-escalate emotional reactions and think critically.
- Strong assessment, problem solving and negotiating skills
- The ability to remain calm and responsive during crisis.
- A positive attitude with the ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes.
- Attention to detail.
- Compelling advocacy skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse team and population.
- Working knowledge of the impact of trauma, homelessness, and Motivational Interviewing.
- Working knowledge of various resources and public benefits
- Fluent in English
- Bilingual Spanish or Haitian Creole a plus.
- Ability to be at work on time daily.
- Attendance at meetings, intakes etc , the employee is expected to be on time on all occasions.
- Must be willing to work 40 hours per week, and adapt schedule to meet the needs of families
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to form strong interpersonal relationships with people from diverse backgrounds (staff, clients, etc.)
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) background check
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds at a time walking up and down flights of stairs.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time at a desk while working on a computer.
- This is a full time, non-exempt position with hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with some flexibility.
- Starting salary is $24.04/hour.
- Benefits: Eligible for full benefits including Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 403B Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off, and a Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Please send a cover letter and resume to: HR@housingfamilies.org
- Please include “Family Shelter Case Manager” in the subject line.