At Housing Families, we are working to achieve housing equity and wellbeing for all. We partner with communities, families, and individuals to ensure housing stability by offering tailored services including temporary and permanent housing, food assistance, counseling and therapy, legal services, and youth programs.
With Housing Families’ continued growth, we now offer services in Malden, Everett, Revere, Chelsea, and Medford, where, since our inception in 1986, we’ve strengthened housing security for over 2,400 families and individuals.
We are looking for those who share in this vision and for skilled, compassionate individuals who share in our agency values of Respect, Caring, Integrity, Growth, and Team Work:
- Respect – We treat people with dignity.
- Caring – We show compassion and act thoughtfully.
- Integrity – We adhere to high standards.
- Growth – We foster innovation and continuous development.
- Team Work – We collaborate and celebrate.
Role Purpose & Responsibilities
The HR Coordinator is a key member of the HR Team supporting specific projects and providing operational/strategic services. The HR coordinator will provide support on employee matters to managers and employees. The scope of this role spans a broad range of work, including but not limited to talent acquisition, compliance, employee engagement and employee support. Additionally, maintenance of employee records, insurance enrollments, compliance reporting and associated changes, leaves of absence, on-boarding and exit-interviews.
- Support the Organization in all activities related to employees, compliance, and specific projects, providing organizational and strategic services.
- Maintain, implement, and manage the compliance of HR policies, and procedures.
- Assist managers and employees with guidance relating to policy or benefits questions. Provide clear and accurate information in a timely manner.
- Prepare new hire packets for full and part-time employees.
- Conduct all new hire orientation while creating a positive first impression of the company and serving as a role model for company principles.
- Provide performance review reminders to the managers and follow up for consistency of ongoing reviews in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the annual review and compensation process.
- Track benefit enrollment data analyze participation and compliance data.
- Coordinate an employee recognition program on employee anniversary dates.
- Provide support of all pre-hire activities including coordination and scheduling of multi-stage interviews through the offer completion.
- Assist with open position management including tracking of candidate, weekly recruitment reports, monitor employment and recruitment processes and assist with new hire background checks when necessary.
- Coordinate with Finance for all payroll and benefit activities to ensure smooth on-boarding, day-to-day employee payroll changes, and off-boarding of employees.
- Maintain all employee files ensuring accuracy and compliance standards are followed to meet federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Maintains Affirmative Action program, I-9 compliance, files EE0-1 report annually and other records, reports and logs to conform to all EEO and other regulations as required.
- Communicates all changes in benefits and conducts annual open enrollment of benefits.
- Works in corporation with the Office Manager for CORI/SORI administration.
- Ability to follow guidelines on confidentiality
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 2-4 years’ experience in HR, preference to candidates with PHR or willing to obtain. Non-Profit HR experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of HR functions, Benefits/Leaves of Absence and familiar with employment laws and HR processes.
- Must be able to pass a CORI/ SORI background check.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Detail-oriented, accuracy and problem-solving skills. Excellent speaking and listening skills.
- Prioritize day to day workload and demonstrate ability to adapt quickly to meet demands as they arise.
- Ability to interface with all employees and vendors. Connect with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Proficient and strong working knowledge of computer systems and databases. Spread sheet prep and presentations
- Reliable access to an automobile
Applications / Compensation
- Interested candidate must submit a resume and cover letter to HR@housingfamilies.org.