Continuing our monthly #MeetOurStaff segment, we’re highlighting Patty Kelly, our Associate Director of Community Engagement. Patty is a local celebrity – she seems to know almost everyone in Malden!
- My full name is Patricia Ann Doucette Kelly.
- I was born on March 13th, when JFK was President.
- My star sign is Pisces.
- My parents are thought of every day.
- I am currently the President of the Malden Chamber.
- I am saving up for my daughter’s wedding!
- My home is in Melrose and I have lived here for 30 years.
- I love people who laugh at themselves and make me laugh.
- My favorite color is purple because it reminds me of my Auntie Jo.
- Something I say a lot is probably “You’re the best there is.”
- I consider myself to be a friend who will keep a secret.
- I need to have chocolate every day.
- My favorite movie of all time is Godfather II. Al Pacino = cinematic perfection
- My all-time role model is above mentioned Auntie Jo because she loved me unconditionally.
- I respect people who see the positive in every situation.
- The best thing anyone has ever said to me is, 1. Will you marry me? 2. It’s a girl. 3. It’s a boy.
- I am happy when I feel like I’ve had a productive day.
- I find Will Ferrell in “Elf” funny/hilarious.
- I am named after my next door neighbors were also the Doucettes and they had a daughter Patricia Ann. While my mom was in the hospital, my dad sent out birth announcements naming me Patricia, unbeknownst to her. When people came to see the baby, they showed her the birth announcement. She said, “Ok, let’s just keep it the way it is.” If you knew my mom, you’d know that’s exactly how she would’ve handled it. I was supposed to be Laura Jean.
- I have 2 kids: Laura, the bride to be, and Frankie. And soon to be son in law Michael. Let’s drop the “in law.”
- My favorite smell is right behind my dog’s ears.
- The furthest I’ve ever been from home is Hawaii.
- My special talents are I could twirl a baton back in the day. Probably could still.
- I have 2 pets, dogs Ellie Kelly (pictured) and Hova Kelly. Hova is named after Jay Z’s nickname. Our vet told us when he retires he is going to write a book of unique pet names and Hova will get an honorable mention as the only pet named after a rapper
- If you’d rather share something else, share here: My friends and I have been in a book club since 2001 and we’ve read over 200 books!
Tune in next month when we highlight another one of our fantastic staff members! #HFIpeeps