Wicked Local – Malden
Posted Oct. 28, 2015 at 6:33 PM
Housing Families, a Malden-based agency that aims to end family homelessness, has started its annual holiday gift drive. From now until Dec. 15, the agency will accept new, unwrapped gifts and gift cards to be distributed to children in Housing Families’ programs.
Gifts may be delivered to Housing Families, 354 Cross St., Malden.
Accepted items include:
- Current pop culture: “Minecraft,” “Frozen,” “Skylander,” “Shopkins,” “Minion,” “Spongebob,” “Star Wars,” “Twilight,” “Monster High,” “Handy Andy,” “Ninja Turtles,” “Bruno Mars,” “Iron Man,” etc.
- Toys and games: Board games, puzzles, Beyblades, Geo Trax, K’Nex, Rainbow My Room, Legos, vTech, remote controlled vehicles, Fisher Price, KidKraft, Leap Frog, 14 in 1 Solar Robot, FurReal Friends, etc
- Household goods: diapers, Pull-Ups, hygiene products for both genders, wipes, linens, pot, pans, pillows, throw blankets, desk lamps, cleaning supplies, etc.n Electronic devices: iPods, cameras (digital and video), DVD players, pre-paid cell phones, tablets, keyboard, headphones, etc.
- Sports items: ball pumps, hula-hoops, bicycles, skate board, scooter, helmets, portable ping-pong set, soccer balls, footballs, baseball equipment, etc.
- Art and craft supplies: drawing pencils, pens, journals, paint kits, jewelry making kits, science kits, model kits, Fimo Clay, Beados Quick Dry Design Station, etc.
- Shopping and experiences: gift cards (Amazon, Target, Kohls, iTunes, Game Stop, Visa), movie tickets, MBTA passes, sports tickets, theater tickets, etc.
- Clothing and accessories: Boston teams apparel (especially XL and XXL), mittens, hats (especially for older kids and teens), make-up, nail polish, jewelry, purses, etc.
To learn more about Housing Families’ gift drive, to request a wish list and to schedule a drop-off, contact Patty Kelly at 781-322-9119, ext. 115, or email@example.com.